Honoring Ryan's Memory
The Ryan Keller Scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Ryan Keller, a Golden Gymnastics team member who lost his young life in a auto accident on March 4, 2003. Ryan had just turned 16 two months before and was driving in a snowstorm on a steep hill when he lost control of his car.
Ryan was a Class IV gymnast who was looking forward to competing at the 2003 Region Championships in Utah. Ron, Karen and Michelle Keller, with the help of Steve Artemis, have established a Gymnastics Scholarship Fund for graduation male seniors from the State of Colorado in Ryan’s honor. The money will be awarded each year to a graduation Senior to help defray college expenses.
How You Can Help
Participate in the Annual Ryan Keller Gymnastics Scholarship New Level Meet
Participating in the annual Ryan Keller/New Level Meet for boys held in the second or third weekend of each December at Golden Gymnastics along with a silent auction that is held in conjunction with the Meet. The meet is a unique experience for new level gymnasts as they can compete against new level gymnasts, it does not matter what level you compete at for the first time (level 4 –level 10). Second level 4’s are welcome as they are awarded ribbons at each event. Second year gymnasts are welcome to join the meet as for meet experience and everyone receives a gift for participating in the meet.
Donate Directly to the Fund
Please feel free to send your donation directly to:
- Golden Gymnastics c/o Steve Artemis
- 12580 W. Cedar Drive, Lakewood, CO 80228.
- All checks should be made payable to the: Ryan Keller Gymnastics Scholarship Fund.
Participate in the Annual Silent Auction
We are currently seeking items for the Silent Auction, if you wish to donate items, please email us at Golden Gymnastics.
2018 Recipient: Jake Sawyer - 5280 Gymnastics
- 2018 - Jake Sawyer - 5280 Gymnastics
- 2017 - Joey Wilmot - 5280 Gymnastics
- 2016 - Jesse Franklin - Boulder Flyers
- 2015 - Jordan Lopez - 5280 Gymnastics
- 2014 - Matt Jankousky - Golden Gymnastics, University of Colorado
- 2013 - Sam Brunner, Fossil Ridge HS, GK Gymnastics, Arizona State University
- 2012 - Tyler Trammel, Golden HS, 5280 Gymnastics, Colorado School of Mines
- 2011 - Jesse Shapiro, Boulder Flyers, Stanford University
- 2010 - Sam Wright, Xtreme Altitude Gymnastics, University of Iowa
- 2009 - Andrew Neufeld, John F. Kennedy High School, Golden Gymnastics, George Fox University
- 2008 - Jeffrey Judkins, Fairview High School, Boulder Flyers
- 2007 - Ryan Crawford, Holy Family High School, Boulder Flyers
- 2006 - Marc Miller, Laramie Senior High School, Wyoming School of Gymnastics
- 2005 - Steve Cantrell, Heritage High School, Golden Gymnastics, Penn State
- 2004 - Kevin Kaufman, Fairview High School, Xtreme Altitude Gymnastics